DUI Defense Attorney, Jacksonville, FL
So you or a loved one are facing DUI charges and you’re no doubt, overwhelmed with the severity of the situation. The many questions regarding the future can be crushing and isolating. There’s never been a better time to seek experienced and confident help from a Jacksonville DUI lawyer who always has your best interests in mind. The Law Office of A. Sam Jubran, P.A. is your answer and advocate going forward to defend your DUI case or other criminal defense matters such as drug crimes, domestic violence and more!
Effects of a DUI
There are many justifiable reasons to feel scared about your future, if a DUI stains your record. Following are some of the consequences of a DUI on the quality of your life, if not handled effectively by an attorney:
- A lifelong criminal record
- Suspended driver’s license
- Punitive financial repercussions (fines, court costs, classes and counseling, ignition interlock device)
- Increased insurance rates
These effects of a DUI arrest and conviction are felt by thousands of Florida resident per year, as DUI’s are increasing annually in the state. But through our experience representing several of these people, rest assured that one mistake doesn’t have to ruin your record and finances. The attorneys at Sam Jubran’s office will work tirelessly to obtain the most favorable outcome possible for your DUI case. We aim to protect your license, your hard-earned money, and your driving record.
Steps of your DUI Case
Once you are released on bond, the steps of your case begin. There are several stages to your DUI case and the determinations of each one can drastically affect your life, depending on how they were handled. The attorneys at The Law Office of A. Sam Jubran, P.A. understand the many diverse steps to defending your DUI case and can direct you through this procedure.
- Arraignment: Our office drafts and files a Notice of Appearance document on your behalf. With a “not guilty” plea, in most cases you’ll be excused from an arraignment.
- Preliminary Hearing: This is the next step in your case and occurs before formal charges are filed. There are two types of these hearings. The first is an adversarial hearing, where more facts and testimony are taken in an attempt to prevent charges from being filed. In order to obtain this type of hearing, we must file a notice within the first 21 days. So promptly retaining an attorney is imperative.
The second is a bond hearing. This requires a limited amount of testimony and is necessary to release a person from jail. The amount of bail is also determined here.
Once these preliminary matters are addressed, it is time to move on to the more essential issues that surround your case.
- Pretrial Motions: These are utilized to gather information so that our office can obtain a dismissal, negotiate a lighter sentence or work out a plea deal. These are used to place you in the best position possible in making decisions in your case.
- Discovery: This is the process in which our office receives copies of the evidence being used against you, namely videos, lab reports, and intoxication tests. We will scrupulously dissect this information in order to determine our defensive strategy and fight for your best possible outcome.
- Pretrial or case management: After discovery is produced, the pretrial motions are filed and the deadlines are set in motion. A trial date is also set at this time.
- Pretrial motions: These are an important part of the defense process, as they can obtain a favorable deal for our client. It’s important to realize that the state must prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that your limits were past the legal limits while driving. There are often mistakes made in conducting field sobriety tests and obtaining other chemical and sobriety tests. We will scrupulously study each and every test and strictly apply the burden of proof to the state. We will also look at your arrest and make sure that all procedures and requirements were met by law enforcement. When mistakes are made, no matter how minor, an acquittal is much more likely.
- Plea bargains or trial: Once we’ve filed all the appropriate motions and the ruling has been rendered by a judge, it’s decided whether to plea or proceed to trial. When we enter into plea negotiations, we are asking the State to make the best offer possible in order to avoid trial. Oftentimes, we can get costly penalties converted to community service hours.
- Trial & sentencing: We work our hardest to obtain a fair and generous outcome for our clients before a trial is necessary. But when it is, we are confident and experienced in the process. From our years of experience in a trial setting, we are familiar with each court’s approach and the staff and judges that occupy it. A Jacksonville DUI Lawyer at A. Sam Jubran’s office fight until the very end to make sure your penalties are minimal and that the process runs as smoothly as possible.
The Costs of your Defense – Contact a Jacksonville DUI Lawyer at The Law Office of A. Sam Jubran, P.A.
We will sit down with you at the onset of your case and review costs and price information based on our legal strategy. You will know exactly what we charge going into our fight. We offer convenient financing options and strive to make sure the experience we offer is available you. You can trust The Law Office of A. Sam Jubran, P.A. to walk you through this complex process with compassion, precision, and competence. Don’t delay, contact us today!